Keen to get a qualification but can't afford to study right now? VET FEE-HELP may be able to help you study now and pay later!
Diploma level and above courses at Unity College are now eligible for the government VET FEE-HELP loan scheme. Eligibility criteria apply.
Which courses are eligible?
- BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
- CUS50109 Diploma of Music
- 10434NAT Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology
- 10435NAT Advanced Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology
- 10010NAT Advanced Diploma of Performance
- ICT50415 Diploma of Information Technology Networking
- CUA50213 Diploma of Musical Theatre
What is VET FEE-HELP?
VET FEE-HELP is a student loan scheme available to assist eligible full-fee paying students studying diploma or above courses in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector to pay tuition fees. VET FEE‑HELP can be used to pay all or part of an eligible student’s tuition fees, but cannot be used for additional study costs such as accommodation or text books.
If you choose to access the loan, you will repay the amount, including a government loan fee, through the tax system via compulsory and/or voluntary contributions.
VET FEE-HELP loans are repayable when your annual income reaches a set threshold. When applying to study an eligible VET FEE-HELP course, you will need to advise us of your interest in VET FEE-HELP and we will provide you with the necessary request form.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a VET FEE-HELP loan you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent humanitarian visa holder who will be resident in Australia for the duration of the unit of study in which you are seeking VET FEE-HELP assistance
- be a full fee-paying student enrolled on or before the census date in an eligible unit of study through an approved VET provider and remain enrolled in the unit at the end of the census date
- meet the tax file number requirements
- have completed, signed and submitted a valid request for VET FEE-HELP assistance form for the unit or the course of which the unit forms a part, on or before the census date
- have not exceeded the VET FEE-HELP limit
- meet Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) entry requirements
- meet certain eligibility requirements if a New Zealand citizen (see www.studyassist.gov.au)
To find out more visit www.studyassist.gov.au or call the student hotline on 13 38 73
How to apply
- If you are planning on accessing VET FEE-HELP you will need to have a Tax File Number before applying.
- You must read through the VET FEE-HELP Information for 2016 booklet and understand you are applying for a repayable financial loan from the Commonwealth Government.
- Attend a VET FEE-HELP information session at the college.
- Return the completed “Request for VET FEE-HELP Assistance” form to your campus registrar 2 business days after enrolment and at least 3 weeks BEFORE the census date of your chosen units of study.
- By signing and submitting a “Request for a VET FEE-HELP loan” form you are declaring you have read the booklet and are aware of your obligations under VET FEE-HELP.
- Read the full VET FEE-HELP Student Entry Procedure
See the following links for more information
Schedule of Tuition Fees
Units of study, census dates and tuition fees for all VET FEE-HELP eligible courses offered through Unity College Australia and partners are in the
Policies and Procedures
For other policies please see the Student Handbook