All fees are in Australian dollars and can be paid in the following ways:
PaytoStudy and NexPay make it easier and cheaper for international students to pay for their fees from overseas. At Unity College Australia, we know that our international students often get caught out by annoying transfer fees when paying for their tuition fees. We don't think that's fair, so we've teamed up with PaytoStudy and NexPay to help you pay your tuition fees without wasting precious funds on additional fees or charges.
If you would like to know more about this service please visit the NexPay website www.nexpay.com.au.
Bank Transfer Details:
Bank Name: St George Bank Limited
Account Name: Unity College Australia Incorporated
Account Number: 001584968
Branch Number: 112908
Branch Address: 60 Marcus Clarke Street, Canberra City, ACT, Australia
Swift Code: SGBLAU2S
*Identify student details in transaction description: Student ID (if available) + Surname + Given Names
The following options for financial help are not available for International Students in Australia on a study visa.
Unity College Australia is an approved college for the purposes of:
Are you keen to get a qualification but can't afford to pay for your study right now? A VET Student Loan may be able to help you study now and pay later!
Eligible new students can select to finance their study through the new VET Student Loans program if they are enrolling in an eligible course.
This new loans program replaces the VET FEE-HELP scheme which was only available for students who enrolled prior to January 2017. If you are a continuing student on VET FEE-HELP please see information below** on how this change affects you.
VET Student Loans is an Australian Government loan scheme for the Vocational Education and Training sector. VET Student Loans forms part of the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP).
Students enrolling into the approved courses (listed below*) may be eligible to apply for a VET Student Loan to pay for all or part of the cost of their tuition fees. Courses are subject to maximum loan caps and students will be required to pay any fee over and above that cap. A student loan can cover training fees but cannot be used for additional study costs such as accommodation or text books.
Note: If you choose to access the loan, you will repay the amount, plus an additional government loan fee, through the tax system via compulsory and/or voluntary contributions. VET Student Loans are repayable when your annual income reaches a set threshold. The loan remains a personal debt obligation until it is repaid to the Commonwealth Government. It may reduce your take-home (net) wage or salary and affect your borrowing capacity until the debt is repaid.
The following Diploma level courses are currently eligible for the government VET Student Loans program through Unity College Australia. Eligibility criteria apply (see below).
To be eligible for a VET Student Loan you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent humanitarian visa holder ( resident in Australia for the duration of your study) or a qualifying New Zealand citizen (see www.studyassist.gov.au)
- be enrolled on or before the census date in an eligible unit of study or course through an approved VET loans provider and remain enrolled in the unit or course until and including the census date
- meet the tax file number (TFN) requirements (if you don’t have a TFN you can give evidence of a Certificate of Application for a TFN to your provider)
- have completed and submitted a valid request for VET Student Loan assistance (an eCAF form) for the unit or the course of which the unit forms a part, on or before the census date
- have not exceeded your VET Student Loans credit limit
- meet Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) entry requirements: provide evidence of your Australian Senior Secondary School (Year 12) Certificate, completion of a course at AQF Level IV or above (studied in English) or complete an LLN test at Australian Core Skills Framework (ASCF) exit level 3 or above
- read the VET Student Loans booklet available at www.studyassist.gov.au
VET Student Loans will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements.
A VET Student Loan gives rise to a HELP debt that continues to be a debt due to the Commonwealth until it is repaid
1. Read the above eligibility criteria
2. Check you are applying for a course which is eligible for a VET Student Loan
3. Check the current Schedule of Fees (New students) for the course and location where you wish to study
4. Read the full VET Student Loan Student Entry Procedure
You can find more information about VET Student Loans on the Department of Education and Training website or call the student hotline on 13 38 73
The Australian Government has cancelled this program as of January 2019. There are no options to continue to Opt-In for this loan or claim loan repayments for new units of study. Current students are able to complete units of study which are in progress during 2019.
Units of study, census dates and tuition fees for all VET Student Loans eligible courses offered through Unity College Australia
VET Student Loans Schedule of Tuition Fees 2019
Do you have a question, issue or complaint about your VET loan?
In the first instance you should contact the Unity College Australia office on 02-61610050. If your issue cannot be resolved to your satisfaction you can then contact the new VET Student Loans Ombudsman who will handle all VET Student debt complaints from 1 July 2017. For more information read our Grievances Policy or visit the Commonwealth Ombudsman website or the Debt complaints page.
For other policies please see the Student Handbook
Unity College offers a limited number of full or part scholarships from time to time. Such scholarships are offered to people already known to the college. International students need to be aware that the primary expense related to studying in Australia are living expenses rather than academic fees.